For best results, read from bottom to top, since newer posts build on former posts appearing below.

Thursday, April 13, 2006

Less Stress

On March 23, I hosted a short lunchtime chat (more properly, a series of loosely connected philosphical statements) about stress, mental overconsumption, and tactics for removing all that clutter to improve one's ability to focus.

Most of what I talked about derives from my adoption of Getting Things Done, better known as "GTD". Integrating GTD was my birthday present to myself, aimed at improving my quality of life, and permitting better mental balance between work and "real life". For the past 6 months, I've been able to leave the office each day with an empty Inbox, a visible map of what lies ahead, and a clear head to lay on my pillow each night.

I'll describe some of the tools I use, in the hope that someone else will discover that they promote calm.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home